I made this for dinner last night and it was so good even my 14 month old daughter who had already eaten dinner was begging for her Uncle Cameron to feed her some! So, I just had to share the recipe!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! We love spicy food so feel free to adjust the hot sauce to your own desire. Next time we make it, I think we are going to add some habanero pepper for a little more kick!
Spicy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 2 cups white rice (cooked)
• 1 jar Bertolli Marinara sauce
• 3 cups Mozarella cheese (we used Kraft pre-shredded)
• 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup onion, diced
• Sriracha hot sauce, add your desired amount (we used 2 tbsp)
• Ground Pepper, to taste
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Cook the ground turkey on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
• Add in the peppers, garlic, and onions. Continue cooking on medium heat until the ground turkey is fully brown.
• Stir in ground pepper to taste.
• In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, peppers, garlic, onions, and ground pepper together with the cooked rice. Stir in the jar of marinara sauce and about 1 cup of the Mozarella cheese.
• Add your desired about of Sriracha hot sauce.
• Place contents in a 3 QT oven safe dish and spread evenly.
• Cover with remaining 2 cups Mozarella cheese.
• Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.